I cannot begin to touch on all that has made 2009 a special year for our family. This has been the most wonderful year of my life. We have been blessed more than I could ever begin to adequately thank my Heavenly Father.
I want to touch on some of the things that stand out in my mind as most special from this year. I will do it numerically to go along with the above pictures. (Each thought below is linked to the post it goes with—to read the post, simply click on the highlighted link.)
- Our family was sealed in the temple January 31st. Other than the day each of my children was born, this has been the most special day of my life, and definitely the most special and important to our family now and forever.
- We heard our sweet baby #4’s heartbeat for the first time.
- We celebrated Jamie’s 36th birthday.
- Jack turned one.
- We began our wonderful journey in homeschool.
- We found out baby #4 would be another boy, and chose his name—Jesse Kent.
- We celebrated Joe’s 4th birthday.
- We celebrated my 32nd birthday in Charleston—my favorite place in SC.
- We enjoyed many trips to the beach as a family throughout the summer—a first for Jack this year.
- Jamie and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.
- We welcomed our fourth, healthy, beautiful child into our arms, hearts and family.
- My baby girl turned 10, and I realized how fast time is truly passing as I see her becoming a young lady more each day.
- We had fun dressing up all of our children for Halloween.
- Hanna’s cat, Baby O., turned 6.
- We counted our many blessings as we celebrated Thanksgiving together.
- We had a wonderful Christmas time, and enjoyed every minute of it TOGETHER!
The year of 2009 passed me by in the blink of an eye. There have been several life changing events for our family—one of the most important being our decision to homeschool. This has blessed our family in ways I had never thought it would. I am so thankful to teach my children each day and wouldn’t trade these moments for anything.
The other most important blessing in our family this year was welcoming Jesse into our home. As I watch our family grow, and watch our children interact daily, I realize how blessed I am to have each one of them. What a miracle it is to have four healthy, happy children.
I am so thankful to have Jamie by my side as my husband, best friend and father to our children. I couldn’t do any of what I do without his unconditional love, support and help every single day. He is amazing. He goes above and beyond, and not a day goes by that I don’t think of how much I love him, and how thankful I am that he truly dashed in and swept myself and Hanna “off our feet” 7 years ago. He is “my knight in shining armor”. He has made all of my dreams come true and more.
I look forward to making many more special memories as a family in 2010. I pray each day that my family will continue to be blessed with health, strength and the spirit of love in our home each day.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!