Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our not so very patriotic 4th of July weekend....

....yes, this was 4th of July weekend. Yes, we filled our week with lots of 4th of July learning and crafts--and I mean lots!! But, we did not have a very patriotic 4th of July weekend. Oh well, we made up for it with all we learned about it and did for it throughout the week in school:-). What we did do this weekend was....


Jamie worked only half a day Friday, but don't think we played the rest of the day. I wish:-). He and my dad made several trips to Lowe's getting materials for Hanna's new room. By the time they finished it was dinner time. I ran out to meet my mom to do some shopping. For what I won't say--something we are working on that I will post about if the outcome is good:-). I have such high hopes for our projects we are doing this month, so keep your fingers crossed for me and hopefully you'll see the fruits of our labors soon. Jamie and I decided to have an in home date night. We pulled out our fondue pot and made a very delicious cheese fondue and dipped breads, fruits and veggies way too long, translating to we ate way too much! But it sure tasted good!


Saturday Jamie and my dad started working on Hanna's room pretty early and worked on it all day long, till after supper time. They got so much done though. It looks so different and is going to look super when it's all done. Hanna is so excited about it. She kept going downstairs to just look in and admire the new sheetrock:-). Today they got up insulation and sheetrock on three walls. They, of course, ran into a few unexpected problems--isn't that how it usually goes?! What is left is a bit of sheetrock because a couple of walls that are concrete are not going to be sheetrocked, just painted. We have some really cute plans in store for her room. You'll see them as we do them. It is going to look so good and so girly! Her room right now is super cute and girly too, but it's so fun to do a girls room:-).


I'll include a picture of the room from the beginning up to now:


hanna's room before pic1


Photobucket


Photobucket


While Jamie and my dad worked on the room I took the kids over to my parent's house to play in the sprinklers some. They had fun with the slip'n'slide, sprinklers and sandbox and all the other stuff to play with there. I got lots of good pictures while they played. Hanna pushed Jack on the slip'n'slide for probably an hour! He (and she) both had lots of fun doing this and it was so sweet to watch.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


This afternoon Hanna, Joe and myself made some really cool rainbow cookies. They were so fun to make. The kids thought they were really neat. I'll post the recipe and how to's for these later this week on my homeschool blog--we made them because Joe's letter this week is "Rr" and we are doing rainbows as part of our theme. Jack stayed at my mom's to nap since Hanna's new room is next to Jack's and it sounded like a construction site down there. Here's a picture of the rainbow cookies:


Photobucket


We went back to mom's for dinner and to get Jack. Tonight Jamie, Hanna and myself had our Saturday fun night. Honestly, we didn't do much, we are all pretty tired. Hanna and I just watched tv and enjoyed some cookies and chocolate dipped coconut macaroons I made:-). Recipe on Tuesday--these are delicious--if you like macaroons, you've got to check back Tuesday and get this recipe to try. Super easy and so very yummy!!


That about wraps it up, doesn't sound like much, but it was packed and I'm beat:-). I can't wait to work on my project with mom tomorrow! I hope I am able to do this!! Details later, unless I bomb it!

2 comments:

  1. Busy weekend. Hopefully all your projects turn out. I'm excited to see the finnished work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look scrumptious. We had a quiet 4th too. Sometimes, relaxing is the best way to spend a holiday. Even though, you guys looked pretty busy. Good luck on the new bedroom & the new sewing projects. Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete