Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Brother

I have one sibling, my brother, who is 3 years younger than me.  Growing up we lived in the country, and so it was just the two of us most of the time because we didn’t live in a neighborhood.  We were very close and played together and got along very well.  We’ve remained close, and I consider my brother to be one of my very best friends.  We talk pretty much every day and can tell each other anything.  My brother lived in Columbia just a couple minutes down the road until this time last year when he had to move for a job transfer.  I was used to seeing him off and on all week and it’s been very different not having him nearby.  I don’t think I’ll ever really be used to this.

I hadn’t seen Matthew since I had Jesse in the hospital until this weekend.  Other than the time I spent in Utah for a bit 12 years ago, this is the longest I’ve ever gone without seeing him.  I didn’t realize until I saw him how much I’d missed him, how much he means to me and how good it is to have him around in person.  He is so funny, and we always have so much to talk about.

We went over to my parents house last night for dinner and to visit for a while and I got a few pictures while we were there.  I should have gotten some in front of a Christmas tree or decoration, but didn’t even think to.  I have to do that next time:-)!

Here is Matthew with Jesse.

IMG_5745

My dad, Matthew and Jesse.

IMG_5739

Pop Pop with Hanna and Jesse. 

IMG_5742

Pop Pop, Joe and Jesse.  My dad looks tired in this picture (he probably is) and Jesse looks crazed with his hair sticking straight up and the way he’s cutting his eyes to the side—Joe looks cute though.

IMG_5744

My mom and Hanna.

IMG_5740

Jamie gave Jesse this Little Nutbrown Hare stuffed animal my mom has and he loved playing with it.  He was entertained by it for about a half hour.

IMG_5754

We had a good time visiting with one another and I’m glad we all got the chance to be together.  We don’t do it often enough.  Family is truly the most important thing to me and I am so thankful for each of them.

6 comments:

  1. Nice photos. I'm so happy you got to enjoy that family time. I know how much it meant to you. I love the picture of Jesse with his hair sticking up. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful you have that kind of relationship with your brother. I have a sister like that. We actually had a hard time getting along when we lived together, but get along great now that we are not in the same house. This is something I hope does not happen with my kiddos. So it is good to hear how well you and your brother have always gotten along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww..I miss Matthew and Ters for sure! Glad you got to visit with him for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos and so glad you got to reconnect with your brother. i have only 1 sister (and yes sometimes she drives me batty) I love her and like that she lives down the road and we can see each other when ever we want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that you got to see your brother again! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you had such a wonderful visit with your brother. Just as you enjoyed it, I am sure he enjoyed it even more!

    ReplyDelete