Tuesday, September 15, 2009

End of Summer Picnic and Sprinkler Fun

The kids and I went to my mom's today for a picnic lunch and outdoor fun. I figured this would probably be one of our last chances to do outdoor water fun before it cools off, and a picnic sounded perfect too.


I picked up Happy Meals on our way over--see, they made the kids "happy":-). Hanna is under her hat, by the way.



Of course, I got some pictures of them while they ate. They were sitting still, so it was a good opportunity.







After they ate, they all had fun playing in the water sprinkler, the sandbox and picking cherry tomatoes.







They ended up with two buckets like this.



Hanna gave herself a mud treatment, she has done this several times over the summer. I think it's funny. She tried to talk Joe into to it too. He let her bury his feet, and then he was off to play more.



Here are Joe's sweet, little water-shriveled feet.



Jack picked his first ever flower to give to me.



We had a very fun afternoon playing together. This has been one of our favorite summer activities. I am glad we got to do this one last time before Fall is here.

7 comments:

  1. How sweet that you captured the first flower Jack picked for you! It looks like they had a lot of fun. I could use a mud treatment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents both work, but if they say come over- we are there in 5 minutes!! Plus, I am teaching Matthew to dial Grandma's number himself & invite himself over, rotf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much different your kids look!! I feel like they should look the same since we were just there (though it has been over a year) Especially Hanna!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun day! I need to do a picnic before it gets to cold! maybe we will do that this sunday after mass!

    I love the pictures your a great photographer!:)

    I love that Hanna got a salad does she always eat that healthy if so your soo lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cute little feet pictures. I want a mud treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the cutest pictures! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful flower Jack chose for you! Looks like you had a fun day outside!

    ReplyDelete