Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Few Firsts for Jamie

I have been beyond tired these last few days. Jamie has been doing more than his fair share of helping, voluntarily I might add:-), and even though it is hard for me to accept his help without feeling guilty, I appreciate his willingness so much.


I can honestly say Jamie has only cooked dinner three times since we have been married. Two of those three have been french toast, eggs and fruit. The third was last night and it followed the same theme, except it was pancakes, eggs and fruit. Jamie doesn't cook, his idea of cooking for us is taking us out or bringing home takeout--which is fine too! Bless his heart, he cooked last night, and he even created "art" while he cooked. Let me explain....



Jamie is self employed, running Saluda Cymbals. So, he called me over this evening to show me a couple of pancakes he'd made to look like two of his cymbal lines. This was too cute! Here are the pancakes and the cymbals as well. I have to admit, there are similarities. Way to go Jamie for making cooking fun and creative:-)!









In addition to cooking, helping tons with the kids for days now, and running errands daily, he's also been doing the laundry. I am almost embarrassed to admit these things. It is so not like me to let him do these things, except spending time with the kids, of course. It has been wonderful though. I am so thankful he not only helps, but does so without being asked. He just steps in and helps happily and this is a blessing!


Homemade Pancakes:
  • 2c. sour milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 3c. bread flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. sugar
  • 4 T melted butter
Directions:
  1. Mix milk and eggs with whisk very well.
  2. Mix in flour and dry ingredients until smooth.
  3. Mix in melted butter.
  4. Cook and enjoy!
*This recipe came from a cookbook at a shop in the Amish Country in Pennsylvania called, Amish Cooking.**

8 comments:

  1. Love the designs, they do look similar. It's nice that he is helping out so much! I love pancakes for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute and SOOO sweet! :)

    my hubby use to be a drummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is he being "Daddy the helper!" :) I love it and his art! And I can't believe you still haven't had little Jesse yet! I'd be dying by now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE when they help, and cute pancakes to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie is a great Dad. I was always wondering what exactly cymbals were when I was reading the books that had that word. In Russian we call them "tarelki" - it means literally "dinner plates" :) Cymbals in Russian is a completely different musical instrument - more like a harp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Jaime! I'm glad he is taking care of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are seriously cool pancakes.

    ReplyDelete