Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just Hangin' Out

We've, of course, been homebound the past four days. Settling in, lots of playing for the kids, a little crafting and baking--recovering, diapering and feeding for me:-). And, I have to give credit to my mom for helping each day to keep the kids entertained and fill in the gaps for me that I can't possibly make up for right now. I also have to give much credit to Jamie for helping as much as possible when home from work and being such a source of emotional support for me. I am very loved and very blessed.


Things are going very well. I say this in hopes that they continue to go as well as they have been. It seems almost too good to be true. Other than having a bit of the "baby blues"--which will hopefully not become any worse for me this time, I am feeling as good as can be expected.


Hanna and Joe are still getting along great with one another and loving having Jesse around. They've played so many imaginative games the past few days. They've done really well considering we've been in so much.



Jack is doing unbelievably well! I truly hope this doesn't change. He seems to love Jesse already. He tries to help feed him:



Dress him:



And kisses him off and on all day:



I am so proud of my sweet Jack. Bringing Jesse home while Jack is still so young has been emotionally hard on me. It brings out my "mommy guilt", so having him react positively has helped me out alot. I have been trying to make sure that I still take time with each of the kids one-on-one each day, but especially Jack who was used to getting so much of my attention daily. Today I spent lots of time reading and holding him, and it was great:-).



Jesse is a happy, sleepy boy so far. As I mentioned earlier, it all just seems to good to be true, and I so hope it doesn't change. Here are a couple pictures of him from yesterday and today. He is sleeping with his eyes half open in the last one:-).




I pray that our settling in and getting everyone used to a new routine will continue to go so smoothly for each of us. I pray too that Jesse will continue to be so happy and easy going. This is such a blessing and makes it so much easier on us all. I am so very blessed. I was looking at all of my kids today as they played and I was feeding Jesse, and just can't believe that they are all mine:-). I love them so much and am so very thankful for such a beautiful family and a home so full of love.

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the photos. Your children are all so beautiful. I'm so happy for you! I am also happy that everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse is so adorable. I'm glad everyone is getting used to the new addition (especially Jack). And thank goodness for moms and husbands. Right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly blessed, You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh-the baby blues are the WORST!!
    I am glad you've got some help over there from your mom. It is good to have grown-ups around, or at least it was for me :)
    Also, the children are adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Susana! I was just wondering if you'd had Jesse yet, so I wandered over here, and it looks like I'm a few days late. I'm so happy for you and glad things seem to be running smoothly for you. You do indeed have a very beautiful family... and they have a very beautiful mommy (and wife!). Blessing to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such gorgeous kids. I'm glad to hear Jack is doing so well with Jesse. We aimed for a longish gap between our two for that very reason (it turned out rather longer than we intended though!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so adorable! you have such wonderful kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful family, and it's wonderful to hear that things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ON the subject of Mommy guilt: it is a wonderful blessing to have your kids so close together. Jack and Jesse will be great friends and will have built in playmates and trouble makers. Of course Princess crying in the background is trying to gainsay my statement, but it is still true.
    I think there's something about kids Jack's age that they love little babies. Mine are all obsessed with babies. Thankfully they haven't decided I need another one.2

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy everything is going well.

    The baby blues can get bad. I hope it doesn't for you, but don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

    Your children are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please let me know if I can do anything to help ease the baby blues. I had that with the boys and PPD with Madelyn, so I know how it is. Give me a call if you need me and I'll be right over...with chocolate!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember those emotional first days, and I guess they are even stronger with each new baby in the family. It's so sweet that your entire family is there for you and Jesse. The picture of Jack kissing Jesse almost made me tear up - so touching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!!! He is just perfect! You must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete