Friday, September 18, 2009

Jesse Kent Lambert

Jesse Kent Lambert joined us at 2:51 AM, Friday September 18th. We are so glad to have him here finally. He is beautiful. He has blond hair (and alot of it), blond eyelashes and eyebrows, is 19 1/2 inches long and weighs 6 lbs. 1 oz.



Here is a brief recap of his labor and delivery. I set out to exercise Thursday morning as I always do around 7:45am. While on my exercise route my water broke:-). I always have my cell phone with me when I'm out exercising so I called Jamie and he came to pick me up. We got to the hospital around 10 am. I had not dilated or effaced at all-wow! I knew then, I was in for a long haul. Jamie and I walked the halls off and on all day and night until I was just too uncomfortable to continue. I have to have an IV antibiotic for 4 hours prior to delivery because I am a carrier of Group B Strep. So, we couldn't just wait around at home (like I would have preferred), just in case Jesse decided to come quickly. My contractions picked up enough to be bothersome, but didn't become consistent enough to cause enough dilation or effacement for pushing until 2 am. Jesse was born shortly after at 2:51.



We were finally settled into a room around 7 am this morning. Jesse and I are both completely healthy and doing fine. He is a bit slow to eat, but he will figure it out. Jack was this same way too. I am up and around and feeling very well for having a baby less than 24 hours ago.


The kids were hoping he'd be born yesterday and went to bed Thursday night pretty disappointed that they hadn't met their new baby brother yet. My parents brought all three of them this morning to meet their newest sibling.


Of course, Hanna adores him. She is going to spend part of tomorrow here with me helping to take care of Jesse.





Joe is in love with him, and thinks he is so sweet, tiny and adorable. This is an answered prayer. He was not happy at all when Jack arrived and it was very difficult the first few months. He was so sweet and loving to him this morning. He loved holding, kissing and snuggling him and had nothing but kind words to say to and about him. He and Hanna both can hardly wait for Jesse to be home.







Jack isn't sure what to think of his baby brother. Jamie introduced Jack to Jesse on his lap, Jack began to cry because he wanted to get down after a minute. Well, Jesse began to cry too. Jack had the strangest look on his face. You could tell he was thinking, "What is this? and, It can make noises/cry?" He didn't want much to do with him after that. It was pretty funny. I have felt all along this would be an area of difficulty for me after bringing Jesse home. It is natural and to be expected, and will just take time to work out. Jack will come to love Jesse, just as Joe has come to love Jack.



Jamie has been able to stay here with me the entire stay. This is a first, and it is truly wonderful. It has been so nice to have him here all day to keep me company and to accompany Jesse to the nursery for any absolutely necessary "procedures" he has to have done. I am very adamant about having my little ones stay in-room with me the entire hospital stay, and having Jamie be able to go with Jesse the few times he has to leave the room has been such a comfort.



It has been an overwhelming couple of days physically and emotionally. I am overrun with emotions and gratitude towards my Heavenly Father for blessing me with yet another sweet spirit to care for and raise. I cannot tell you how thankful I am that my prayers for a healthy delivery and recovery have been answered. This is such a blessing. I cannot believe I am a mom to four now! I love my family so much and look forward to all of the memories and fun times we have ahead now that Jesse has joined us.


Here is one other picture I took of Jesse today.


**I have wireless at our hospital:-), so I hope to post again tomorrow!**

49 comments:

  1. Yay! I figured I'd look just one more time before I went to bed and woohoo, he's here. Congratulations!!! I am so glad you got to post this at the hospital. That's awesome that you have wireless there. I wonder if most hospitals offer that now.
    Jesse is beautiful. Do you think he looks like Joe or Jack? I'm glad everything went well. Congratulations again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Susana!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!! I sat here just now with the BIGGEST smile on my face!!! I love all the pictures with the kids holding him! And Jamie is such a proud daddy!!! I couldn't be more happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a little bundle of joy! You have definately been blessed with a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations--he's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is absolutely gorgeous!

    I have been thinking about you and praying so hard for a healthy baby and mommy. Of course, I think God forgot the part of my prayer about a quick labor, but all is well now and that's all that matters.

    It is so awesome that Hanna will be such a wonderful helper for you and Jamie.

    You look great for just having a baby! How do you do that?

    Oh and Abby was 6 pounds even and 20 1/4th inches long, so I can picture how tiny baby Jesse is. Too cute!

    I think I'm going to go leave a note under my sister's hotel door that you had the baby. LOL! We've been wondering all day about you and the baby.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear you have me crying now, he is just adorable. What a gorgeous family you have.

    I am so happy that it all went well for you both. Enjoy this beautiful time with your precious baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww.... he's adorable!!! sooo sweet, and the pics of him with your other lil ones are precious! congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations from Alaska. He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. susana, im glad i am the first comment! i am so happy for you! congratulations on the arrival of your new baby boy! He is absolutely gorgeous! It will be a little hard on your youngest(though now not youngest anymore) but the transition will eventually be ok. Luckily you got everything ready for jesse the day before(washing carseats etc)... congrats and i cant wait to hear more about him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh he is so ADORABLE!!! Congrats!! I'm glad everyone is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is adorable...what a beautiful family!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is so adorable and surrounded by so much love and care. God is so good. Well done on the long labor. Your beautiful pictures has made me look forward even more to the time when God will see fit to bless us with another bundle of joy.

    Love,
    Celiah Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!!!!! He's such a cutie - and I'm sure the kids are thrilled to meet the newest family member!

    Jolanthe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Been waiting for this post :-) Congratulations, he is beautiful!! How fun, FOUR!! :-) You look amazing too.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, he's beautiful!

    What a nice idea to have Hanna spend part of the day helping you look after Jesse!

    It took Johnny a month or so to get used to having Lily around, but he's doing pretty well now. I imagine Jack will be about the same...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a little stunner! He hardly looks newborn, so alert and not red in the face or crumpled-looking. Well done you, that sounds like a tough labour.

    ReplyDelete
  17. God is so good!!! He is just beautiful. And you are amazing, what a long labor and not one complaint in the post. Wow!

    I bet your kiddos can't wait for their newest brother to come home.

    rogersfamilycircus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is such a cutie pie! I'm so glad that all went well. The big kids all look so cute holding him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!! I have been praying so much for you and I'm SO excited to see the little guy here. And, we share a birthday! :)

    So happy for all of you!!! Love the sibling pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!!! How exciting! He is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is so adorable! Jamie looks like the proudest daddy ever! I am so happy for your family and that everything worked out for you all. Best of luck with this sweet bundle of joy! Look forward to lots more pictures to come.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!! He is such a beautiful baby! You look great! I am so glad everything went well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to you and your family! Jesse looks perfect! I'm glad things went well for you. What a wonderful blessing to add to your family! Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's me, Heather!! I am on Jenny's computer in her room! Congratulations on the arrival of baby #4! He is beautiful! I feel naked without my laptop so maybe Jenny will let me use hers again soon! Congratulations again!!!!!!!
    I am so excited for you and you know I will be up in the middle of the night, too. And I also wanted to say both of my boys were REALLY slow to eat & hang in there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jesse is adorable and your family is beautiful, what a blessing for you all! Congratulations again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations! How wonderful, what a cutie pie, and an addition to your beautiful family! So glad Mama and Baby are all well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just got your email and had to hop over to see and "meet" him! he is soo adorable!!! :) you look amazing for that long of a labor :)

    I know you can't wait to get home and relax!

    congrats you were on my mind all day thursday now i know why!

    off to email you

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so very happy for you and your family! Little Jesse is so precious. I hope that you will settle back at home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Finally got to sit down and read your story :). What an amazing birth story, and I'm glad it wasn't 19 hours of miserable labor.

    He is such a cutie, and I loved the pictures of the kids with him.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, what a beautiful post! I love the pictures of the older children with the new baby! Congratulations again! Be sure and rest up!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. He's BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!

    I'm glad you're both doing well.

    I am the same...I want my babies to room IN, and my husband accompanies anytime they need to leave!

    Unfortunately my first ended up having to go for "observation" and couldn't stay after the first night due to a little health scare...but it all turned out fine!

    Love your cute little guy...he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful baby boy! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a gorgeous little boy. He seems so sweet. I'm so glad the li'l guy is finally here. Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Welcome Jesse. You sure have a crowd that have been waiting for you. Glad your here and healthy. Susana. Glad it all went well and that your back on your feet..Ok as back on your feet as you can with just giving birth. Congrats to you and the hubs and kids.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  35. He is beautiful!!!!!!!!! All of the photos are amazing and I am so happy that you shared them with us. Congratulations again! You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh I am so glad he is here, what a cutie!!! And you are one gorgeous pregnant and post-delivery momma, I am blown away with your 40 week prego pic and how great you look in these photos!!!!

    Not to mention the fact that you kept up with life and blogging and everything up till the end-way to go!

    Can't wait to watch Jesse grow up along with the other cutie pies!!!

    ;) Carisa

    ReplyDelete
  37. He's so handsome!! LOVE the last pic with his eyes open :) He came on my birthday!! WELCOME Jesse!! Congrats Mama! (dad too)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congrats!!! You look so good after birthing a child - way to go! I just had to check and see if he was here ... lo and behold he is! And I love his name very much, we have one of those! Hope to see you back to Muffin Tins soon ;) hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Goodness! I am behind on my Google Reader and did not know that you had already been blessed with your new arrival. Congratulations, he is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Jesse is just perfect! What a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am in tears of JOY!
    Congratulations and God bless each and all of you as you drink in the wonder of God's love and welcome your beautiful Jesse into your family and the world...SUCH SACRED DAYS AHEAD!
    YOU LOOK WONDERFUL!!!
    Thanks for sharing your family with us...the beauty of your husband and children snuggling the baby is just too awesome for words!
    Thank you for sharing your JOY and LOVE of God and of being a wife and mother...you are a shining example and inspiration to all women!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Susana! Congrats! Jesse is beautiful! And you look so beautiful and happy holding him ~ you all look so happy. So very happy to hear your good news! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  43. Congratulations again! What a wonderful blessing and a beautiful birth story.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I just have to leave a comment to say HURRAY!!!!. So glad everything went well. Man you look good for just having given birth! It makes me excited for the arrival of our little one in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete