Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Metal Detecting Finds and a Sweet Sight

Hanna, Joe and Jamie spent a good bit of time out in our backyard with their metal detectors Sunday afternoon. Hanna and Joe had fun outside with them today too--they were pretending to be paleontologists:-). They didn't find anything today, but while out with Jamie Sunday they found some pretty interesting things.





An old axe blade, railroad spikes, door hinge and nails. The kids love it when Jamie digs up these hidden treasures. They, and this includes Jamie, could stay out there all day with their metal detectors.





I got the sweetest pictures of Jack holding Jesse this morning. Jack is so sweet to him and really loves him. I am so surprised, but thankful to his reaction since Jesse has been home. I love seeing them together. It is going to be so fun watching them grow up and become buddies.





Today was such a good day. I hope for many more like today. We had a good day of "light" school, the kids played happily together and got to play outdoors some too. I felt such love for my children, and am so thankful for each of them. Today was a day when I couldn't even imagine Jesse being my last baby. Being a mom and watching my kids play, learn, grow and love one another is the most amazing, rewarding thing I do daily. And having such a wonderful husband to share life and our family with is more than I could ever ask for. I am so blessed!

11 comments:

  1. That looks like fun. I have never used a metal detector.

    The photos are so sweet. I still can't picture R being my last baby, even though she most likely is. See, I still say most likely, not definitely. I wonder if that feeling ever goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet and wonderful post! they are just as lucky to have you as there mom!

    I love the pictures of Jack and Jesse!

    That is neat the stuff they found and they did some learning so double neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE those pics of Jack and Jesse! They are precious!!! You can tell that he really really loves him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post, Susana. I wanted to share something with you that I thought when I read your post, but I'll send you and email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You share your feelings so beautifully, and it always make my day to go to your blog and see the pictures of your family. I just read on CNN how an amateur found an ancient gold hoard in Britain - http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/09/24/staffordshire.uk.gold.hoard/index.html?iref=newssearch. Jamie and the kids might find it fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww...... What great finds, they'd make great treasures for any kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you are blessed. What a sweet family!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Digging up stuff is so fun- I don't think we'd find anything too cool here, but I know Bill and Matthew always bring in lots of cool rocks.

    I LOVE the photos with the babies! They remind me of my childhood because besides having 2 sisters, I had 2 cousins that I saw daily and we were all close in age. It was such a special time in my life! It was so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, they really did find some neat things with the metal detector. I've always wanted one!

    Those pictures of you babies are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the number one benefit to having kids so close together. They have an opportunity to become close buddies. I'm sure Jack and Jesse will be good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great activity, I think I would enjoy that as an adult! haha

    Very sweet pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete